January 30, 2019
Heart Healthy Recipe: Easy Spinach & Chicken Alfredo
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Yield: 6 servings
1 lb. chicken breasts, sliced
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
8 oz. fat free cream cheese, cubed
6 cups fresh spinach
1 lb. whole grain penne, cooked
1/2 cups low fat mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup fresh parsley
2 tbsp olive oil
1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil
2. Add chicken. Season with salt & pepper
3. Cook until browned on all sides. Set aside.
2. In another large skillet, bring the vegetable broth to a simmer
3. Add cream cheese. Whisk until smooth.
4. Gently stir spinach & cook until wilted
5. Stir in cooked penne and chicken & coat in the sauce
6. Top with mozzarella. Allow time to melt.
7. Sprinkle parsley & serve