When preparing kale to sautee, such as with this recipe, do not dry after rinsing. The excess water is going to help steam your kale as it cooks, which will get your family to the dinner table quicker!
1. Bring salmon to room temperature 10-15 minutes prior to cooking
2. Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3. Toss kale, apples & figs in dressing
4. Season kale, apples & figs with pepper to taste and set aside
5. Season salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste.
6. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
7. Cook salmon for 4-minutes on each side or until golden brown. (Should feel firm to the touch)
8. In another skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat
9. Add garlic to skillet and cook for 2 minutes
10. Add kale, apples & figs to the garlic pan and cook until kale leaves are soft & wilted, but still a deep green
11. Divide the warm kale mixture onto plates & place a piece of salmon on top of each
12. Sprinkle goat cheese & pecans on top & serve warm with rolls